June’s meetup brings a subject we haven’t approached for a while, design in the physical space. In addition, we have an IxDASydney discount for two more events keeping design physical. Sarah Forde and colleagues bring it to the IxDA Sydney community, just for you!. We have a 10% discount for the Vivid Sydney – Creative thinking and inventing for kids as well as a 10% discount for the Play Academy’s LEGO™ Serious Play™ Facilitation Workshop
Physical prototyping to design a future workplace
A team from AMP will share how they used physical prototypes in real office spaces, to help design and develop the future workplace for its employees. They explore the concept of an organic test and learn environment, where employees are expected to adopt an experiential mindset and contribute to the future design of their workplace.
Tickets to be released on Thursday 30 May , here and on Humanitix.
- 5:30-6:25 PM Check in, drinks, food, networking
- 6:30-6:45 PM Intro and welcome and general IxDA Sydney information
- 6:45-7:10 PM interaction19 Redux – Joe
- 7:10-7:20 PM Shoutouts (roles available, projects seeking volunteers, other events of interest)
- 7:20-8:00 PM Physical prototyping to design a future workplace – Sarah Forde and Tom Treffry
- 8:00 PM- Exeunt and downstairs for drinks and further discussions/networking, etc.
Sarah Forde transitioned in to service design from management consulting in 2017 , with an enquiring mind and a passion for transforming services through the discipline of human centred design. She has developed her passion and skills over nine years, delivering complex transformation projects through service and system re-design, both in Australia and the UK.
Tom Treffry is a corporate sustainability expert, committed to helping organisations address environmental issues and create positive social impact through wellbeing and responsible procurement. Tom is an MBA candidate at AGSM and passionate about using design thinking to help organisations create shared value.
Main Photo by VanveenJF from Unsplash