Starting the year off on a high, we have the pleasure of bringing Professor Genevieve Bell to the meetup, who has come to share her thoughts about “Talking to Machines”, a continuation and extension of her Boyer lectures late last year.
Professor Bell is the Director of the 3A Institute, Florence Violet McKenzie Chair, and Distinguished Professor at the Australian National University (ANU), as well as a Vice President and Senior Fellow at Intel. Prof Bell is a cultural anthropologist, best known for her work at the intersection of cultural practice and technology development.
Prof Bell heads the 3A Institute, co-founded by the ANU and CSIRO’s Data61, tasked with building a new applied science around the management of artificial intelligence, data, technology and their impact on humanity.
Prof Bell also presented the highly acclaimed ABC Boyer Lecture series for 2017, which I highly reccommend you listen to/watch.
Image: 2017 Boyer Lecturer, Professor Genevieve Bell from the Australian National University. (ABC RN: Tegan Osborne)
- 6:00 – 6:30 Entry, pizza, networking, no entry after 630.
- 6:30 – 6:40 Intro
- 6:45 – 7:15 Mary Nolan – Redux from interaction18
- 7:15 – 7:20 Shoutouts! Are you recruiting or looking for partners for your idea?
- 7:20 – 8:00 Genevieve Bell – Talking to Machines
- 8:00 – 9:00 More networking at Stacks around the corner
Tickets available on Eventbrite Mark it well!